I am currently a postdoc at CBIO, in Mines ParisTech and Institut Curie (in the bioinformatics lab U900). I am working under the supervision of Chloé-Agathe Azencott on epistatis in GWAS data. A short presentation of my scientific project is available here.
Before that, I completed my PhD in MAP5 at Paris Descartes University and in LPSM at Sorbonne Université, under the supervision of Olivier Bouaziz and Grégory Nuel, on the topic of regularized models with applications to epidemiology.
My main research interests are
- Machine learning for GWAS data
- Regularization, sparse models, and variable selection
- Survival analysis and age-period-cohort analysis
Vivien Goepp, Jean-Christophe Thalabard, Grégory Nuel, Regularized hazard estimation for age-period-cohort estimation, 2018 (To appear in the International Journal of Biostatistics), [preprint].
Vivien Goepp, Grégory Nuel, Olivier Bouaziz, Estimating interaction effects in the two-factor mdoels.
Vivien Goepp, Jan van de Kassteele, Grégory Nuel, Segmentation of spatial effects using the adjacency structure.
- PhD Thesis: An iterative regularized method for segmentation with applications to statistics [manuscript, slides] (2019).
I am the main author of three R packages:
- hazreg gathers several estimation procedures of hazard regularization in the context right-censored, bidimensional survival data.
- aspline performs spline regression with automatic knot selection.
- graphseg performs segmentation of spatial effects.
I have presented the following talks and posters:
- At SAM Conference 2017, L0 Regularization for the estimation of piecewise constant hazard [slides].
- At the MAP5’s Seminar of Statistics, Estimation régularisée du risque pour l’analyse age-period-cohort [slides].
- At the International Workshop on Applied Probability 2018, Regularized Hazard Estimation for age-period-cohort Analysis [slides].
- At the GDR ``Statistiques et santé’’ 2018, I presented a talk entitled Estimating interactions effects in the age-cohort model [slides].
- At the seminar of the CépiDc, I was invited to present a talk about New methods in Age-Period-Cohort analysis based on the adaptive ridge [slides]
- At the SMPGD 2018, Regularized Hazard Estimation for age-period-cohort analysis [poster].
- At the International Biometric Conference 2018, I presented a poster entitled Regularized Hazard Estimation for age-period-cohort Analysis [poster].
- At SMPGD 2019, I presented a poster entitled Interaction Effects in Age-Period-Cohort Analysis [poster]
From 2016 to 2019, I was a tutorial assistant at the Faculty of Pharmacy of the Paris Descartes University. I taught R programming, fundamental algebra and analysis, and introduction to probability and statistics. In 2021, I taught in the intensive week course Machine learning in genomics.
Office V 315, CBIO
60, boulevard Saint-Michel